Monday, February 18, 2013

Banana Curry Dressing


I was cooking dinner for my parents and, since my mom insists that we have something green for every dinner, I was rushing to come up with some sort of salad so I wouldn't have to listen to that woman flapping her gums all night about how I'm ruining her diet when I saw a banana and figured why not.  the banana gives this dressing a nice creamy texture without having to use any mayo or egg yolks (I haven't completely given up on my New Years resolution to eat healthier).  If you wanna fancy up this salad, some roast peanuts and maybe some chopped bacon added to the lettuce would be nice.

1 banana, cut into chunks
1 clove garlic
the juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (or more depending on your taste)
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

1. Take the garlic for a spin in a blender.  Once its chopped, add in the banana, lemon juice, curry powder, and cayenne pepper and blend unto smooth.
2. While the blender is going, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. season with salt and pepper, toss with your lettuce of choice (I like arugula) and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment