Thursday, February 13, 2014

PO-MO (pomegranate molasses) Bacon


So it was my mom's birthday and I sorta forgot to get her a present.  Luckily, if you can cook you always have that in your back pocket so my present was making her a birthday brunch.  I was gonna make her rose water white chocolate bread pudding because the woman loves her rose flavored nonsense but then the idea for these little beauties popped into my head and I redid the whole menu.  The other stuff was pretty good too: thyme and goat cheese pancakes with honey, strawberry cucumber salad with feta and vanilla cardamom mimosas; I'll probably post those recipes on here eventually but these were definitely everyone's favor part of the meal so they're coming first.  When it comes to candied bacon like this, you have to get the thickest cut you can get.

1 lb thick cut bacon
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 tbsp pomegranate molasses
fresh black pepper (as much as you like)

1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. In a large bowl, toss the bacon with the brown sugar and black pepper.  Then drizzle on the pomegranate molasses, massaging it in.
3. Lay the bacon out in a single layer on a cooling rack over a cookie sheet to collect the drippings (I HIGHLY recommend wrapping the cookie sheet completely in foil to avoid having to scrub bacon grease and melted sugar off it later)
4. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until crispy and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment