Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Singapore Sweetheart



This was the cocktail I made for Valentine's day.  I wanted to name it for my boyfriend but unfortunately my pet name for him is singapore sling and that name is already taken by another cocktail, but I digress. I've never had a problem with consuming raw egg whites so it's probably safe to risk it if you want (except for pregnant women and young children and since this is a cocktail, they shouldn't be drinking it anyway).  Still I prefer the pasteurized egg whites that come in a carton because they are easier to measure and tend to be more liquid-y so they mix into the drink easier.

1/4 oz Chambord
2 oz Litchi (lychee) juice
1/2 oz Lemon Juice
1 oz Vodka
1 oz Egg Whites

1. combine all the ingredients in a shaker and dry shake (that is shake without ice) for 45 seconds, add in ice and continue to shake until the outside of the shaker is ice cold.  Strain into a chilled glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment