Monday, January 21, 2013

The Pyrus Punch


My dad told me about when he was younger he'd spend some of his summers in Germany where the kids would drink this stuff made from equal parts beer and sprite, that got me thinking about mixing beer with soda to make a sweet, low alcohol punch. Pyrus is the scientific name for pear; Keith and I were really stumped with coming up with a name and pyrus just sounded cool (evidently its also a bakugan).

8 oz harpoon IPA
6 oz ginger ale
2 oz pear brandy
2 dashes Fee Brothers Old Fashion Bitters

1. pour all the ingredients into a glass. you can do this over ice, but I prefer to just make sure the beer and ginger ale are thoroughly chilled.  If you multiply this recipe to make a whole pitcher you might wanna think about freezing whole pears or chunks to use as ice cubes

No comments:

Post a Comment